Welcome to BALEAP Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL) SIG.
Access videos from previous events
The Learning Technologies SIG aims to encourage the use of technology in the EAP classroom and also foster the usage of those practices that benefit both students and teachers.
BALEAP is a vibrant community of EAP professionals with many different areas of activity. Find out who we are, what we do and how you can get involved.
Latest news, events and social media feeds
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
There are still two positions remaining on the Committee: Co-Convenor and Secretary. If you would like to join us and play a part in shaping the future of the TELSIG and how it supports EAP practitioners with an interest in TEL, please read through the information below and consider putting in your nomination:
SIG Co-Convenor Start date: 30th June 2022 to 29th June 2025
Secretary Start date: 30th June 2022 to 29th June 2024
Successful applicants will be expected to participate in full Committee meetings (not exceeding one per month), attend AGMs, and participate in the running of the SIG. Roles vary in terms of time and commitment and may fluctuate depending on the needs of the SIG, but since roles are voluntary and unpaid, workloads should not be too imposing on other personal commitments.
To apply, you must be a member of BALEAP (individually or institutionally) and complete the attached Nomination Form, including:
· the name and email address of a ‘Proposer’ (who is both a TELSIG member and member of BALEAP)
· and a ‘Seconder’ (a TELSIG member) to support your application.
Send your Nomination Form to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in both your seconder and proposer (your referees). Applications will be reviewed by the Committee.
1. Send your completed Nomination Form to email@example.com no later than 4pm 24th June 2022 (copying in your proposer and seconder).
2. During the following week after the deadline has passed, a list of shortlisted nominees* along with a link to vote will be circulated to the TELSIG Membership List for the Membership to consider and vote.
3. Results will also be announced on the TELSIG Members’ Forum.
*The List of Nominees will include the names of persons who have applied for roles which have received applications from multiple applicants only and who meet the SIG’s eligibility criteria. For roles in which only one person applies, and providing they meet the criteria, the nominee will be appointed without voting.