The TELSIG is currently reorganising and expanding its Committee membership and looking for motivated EAP practitioners to join us.
Nominations are invited for the following positions:
SIG Co-Convenor (2x)
Ordinary Member with a focus on Events
Ordinary Member with a focus on Editing
Start date: 6th May 2022 to 5th May 2024
Successful applicants will be expected to participate in full Committee meetings (not exceeding one per month), attend AGMs, and participate in the running of the SIG. Roles vary in terms of time and commitment, and may fluctuate depending on the needs of the SIG, but since roles are voluntary and unpaid, workloads should not be too imposing on other personal commitments.
If you are a member of BALEAP (individually or institutionally) and are interested in applying for one of the above positions, please complete the attached Nomination Form and include:
· the name and email address of a ‘Proposer’ (a TELSIG member and member of BALEAP)
· and a ‘Seconder’ (a TELSIG member) to support your application.
Send your Nomination Form to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in both your seconder and proposer (your referees). Applications will be reviewed by the Committee.
1. Send your completed Nomination Form to email@example.com no later than 5pm 22nd April 2022 (copying in your proposer and seconder).
2. During the following week and after the deadline has passed, a list of nominees* will be circulated to the TELSIG Membership List and the BALEAP Discussion List for the Membership to consider.
3. The AGM will be on 6th May 2022 (time TBC) where an election will be held to vote on shortlisted nominees. Results will also be announced during the AGM.
Nomination Form Role Descriptions
*The List of Nominees will include the names of persons who have applied for roles which have received applications from multiple applicants only and who meet the SIG’s eligibility criteria. For roles in which only one person has applied, and providing they meet